Pupil Premium Funding
At St Anne's we have high asperations for all of our children and believe that no child should be left behind. Our values based on nurture and growth mean that we are determined to ensure that our children are given every chance to realise their full potential.
The pupil premium is a government initiative that targets extra money at pupils from deprived backgrounds. Research shows that pupils from deprived backgrounds underachieve compared to their non-deprived peers. The Premium is provided to enable these pupils to be supported to reach their full potential. Pupil Premium is allocated to pupils in school year groups from Reception to year 11 from:
- Low income families who are registered for Free School Meals
- Families that have been recognised as on a low income who have been registered for Free School Meals at any point in the last 6 years
- Children who are in care or have been placed in care for 1 day or more and are subsequently adopted.
- Children subject to a Special Guardianship / Child Arrangement order.
- Children whos parents serve in the forces are also eligible for Service Pupil Premium.
The school is required to publish how this money is spent and its impact.